About the project
PUSH2HEAT is an EU-Funded project that aims at addressing the technical, economic, and regulatory barriers that prevent heat pump heat upgrading technologies to be widely deployed. It will do so by scaling up four different heat upgrading technologies (whose supply temperatures range from 90 °C to 160 °C) to optimise their efficiency and economic performance. In addition, it will focus on integrating them into the relevant industrial sectors such as the paper and chemical industries. The four technologies will then be demonstrated in four selected industrial sites.
The project will also work towards demonstrating suitable business models and dedicated exploitation roadmaps for higher market penetration of heat upgrading technologies.
Five main objectives will guide the work towards achieving the project´s ambitions:
1. Full-scale development of heat upgrade technologies ensuring an optimized integration in industrial processes.
2. Demonstration of full-scale industrial heat upgrade systems.
3. Development of successful exploitation roadmaps, business models and contractual agreements for heat upgrade technologies deployment.
4. Assessment of the environmental and Economic Impact
5. Dissemination of PUSH2HEAT’s work and critical results